w/ Susan Mondi Bowen
July 9, 2022- July 16, 2022
7 days/6 nights
*Book early this retreat will sell out!
Expand into your true nature with yoga and adventure in the beautiful and breath-taking Land of Fire and Ice, Iceland. Home to some of the largest glaciers in Europe, as well as some of the world’s most active volcanoes, the Icelandic landscape boasts a huge number of waterfalls, geysers, volcanoes, hot springs, hiking trails, and stunning original creations of Planet Earth.
The Into Your True Nature Retreat is during early Summer in Iceland with more than 20 hours of sunlight to practice yoga, enjoy fresh food, and to frolic in the unique nature of this magnificent country with a vibrant community of yogis and friends.
Imagine yourself fueled by fresh air and daylight, excited to hop out of bed to enjoy a fresh homemade breakfast at the homey Héraðsskólinn Historic Guesthouse. Bond with your fellow yogi’s and friends, sharing your excitement for the day’s unique itinerary. Practice indoor or outdoor yoga, breathing and meditation and expand your connection with yourself and nature. Hear the silence within as you discover glaciers and waterfalls. Dip into the rare and pleasurable geothermal baths of Iceland, appreciating the simplicity of earth’s bounty. After dinner relax and kick your feet up as you share stories of your discoveries and special selfies of the day. Even though it still feels like daytime, sleep easy knowing that tomorrow is just as exciting and adventurous and your memories yet to be made will be cherished for years to come.
Accommodations +Excursion & Spa Pricing Options
- Accommodations: 7 days/6 nights at Héraðsskólinn Historic Guesthouse
- (4) Group Excursions: including Iceland’s treasured spa, The Blue Lagoon with Premiere Admission (upgrade to Spa Retreat Admission for additional fee)
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner (vegan, vegetarian options available)
- Indoor Yoga & Meditation: in The Guesthouse Yoga Room
- Outdoor Yoga & Meditation: in Iceland scenic areas
- 20 hours of Sunlight: Fresh air & Fresh water
- Transportation: Airport to Guesthouse; Guesthouse to Excursions; Guesthouse to Airport
- Retreat Concierge
- Meet & Greet Fellow Retreaters Social at Thrive
- Concierge Notes: Inside YOUR Iceland Retreat
- Fees, Taxes, and Gratuities
What’s Not Included
- Airfare: Book early via Iceland Air, IAD – KEF
- Transportation: to Guesthouse if you do not depart with the group/time scheduled; or to any other locations other than referenced above.
- Travelers Insurance
- Travel Day Food: Breakfast/lunch on day of arrival & lunch/dinner on day of departure
- Extra Food: Snacks, food/meals during excursions or at the spa
- Additional Activities: at the Fontana Spa (within walking distance of Guesthouse)
- Blue Lagoon Retreat Spa Upgrade: *only 12 available
- Morning Walk & Self-reflection
- Yoga Practice
- Excursion or Free Time to hike or walk to the Fontana Spa
- Lunch (Box or at the Guesthouse)
- Evening Breathing & Guided Meditation
- Group Activity & Photo Share of Day’s Events
Laugarvatn Fontana Geothermal Baths: Icelandic Fountain of Wellness
A unique experience of the healing powers of the geothermal springs. Soak in a natural pool, listen to the bubbling hot spring in the steam rooms, or for the venturesome, take a dip in the refreshing lake.
(mid-week excursion + more days/times available for additional fee)
Excursion Includes: admission to the spa with towel and robe; access to 4 relaxing pools, 3 steam rooms, Finnish style sauna and lake; geothermal bakery tour with homemade bread cooked in the geothermal underground and fresh caught trout
Golden Circle Tour
- Golden Circle Tour
The most well-known Southern Iceland tour, the Geyser Geothermal Area, Gullfoss Waterfall and Þingvellir National Park. Together, we will explore the Þingvellir National Park and stand in between two continents via the continental rift then venture next to the is Geyser Geothermal Area where we will see the hot spring Strokkur which erupts every 5 minutes before heading to the magical waterfall Gullfoss.
The Blue Lagoon
Experience the radiant powers of geothermal seawater in the famous and extraordinary Iceland treasure, The Blue Lagoon. Premier General Admission included in retreat.
Premier General Admission includes: entrance to the Blue Lagoon, mud mask of your choice, one drink of your choice, slippers, towel and bathrobe. (Also includes one glass of sparkling wine if dining at Lava Restaurant *dining at Lava Restaurant not included in retreat)
Retreat Spa Upgrade a transformative journey into the volcanic earth. This is available for an additional price of $265.00. Retreaters can upgrade after payment in full for the Iceland retreat. Only 12 spots are available for upgrade, book early!
Retreat Spa Upgrade includes: 5 hours exclusive entry to the World Famous Retreat Spa with private changing room (2 people per changing room), entrance to the general area of the Blue Lagoon (all retreaters have this access), access to The Blue Lagoon Ritual, access to Retreat Lagoon, Blue Lagoon skincare amenities, one drink of your choice, access to the Spa Restaurant and access to 8 subterranean spaces. *Additional drink and food not included, specialty services such as in-water massage not included.
Glacier Walk & Waterfall Tour
- Glacier Walk & Waterfall Tour
This tour is along the south coast and stops at Skógafoss waterfall before heading to Sólheimajökull glacier where we´ll do a 2-hour glacier walk. On our way back we´ll make a stop at the Gljúfrabúi waterfall and walk through a narrow canyon to get to the beautiful waterfall.
Gjáin & Outdoor Yoga
In Southern Iceland, off the beaten track, hike the breathtaking landscape with waterfalls and canyons, volcanic formations. Practice Outdoor yoga and meditation in the most beautiful place on Earth. Enter another world with extensive vegetation and calm waters.
Meet Susan, Thrive Founder & Retreat Director
Susan has lived a healthy lifestyle for more than 30 years. As the retreat creator and leader, Susan will draw from her own life-changing experiences of adventurous retreating. In addition to the more than 25 yoga and wellness retreats and trainings that she had personally attended, Susan has created and led 5 yoga retreats for Thrive. Among the extraordinary retreats that have influenced Susan’s teaching are:
- River running and rafting 185 miles in the Grand Canyon
- Anthony Robbins Firewalk Experience
- Dr. Joe Dispenza Advanced Course (where she repelled down a 40-ft building)
- Celebrate Your Life Conference
Susan’s vision for the retreat is to teach you how to create a habit of love, peace, joy, and fun while in harmony with nature. Learn and practice the techniques necessary to sustain an extraordinary life while on the retreat and WHEN YOU GET HOME! We are meant to be extraordinary! Let’s have fun and feel alive!
The highly rated, simply appointed and cozy Héraðsskólinn Historic Guesthouse, located in the heart of the Golden Circle, is surrounded by scenic views, beautiful hiking trails, and neighbors the natural steam baths of Fontana. The Guesthouse, sit on the shore of the charming lake Laugarvatn and is only 90 minutes from the airport. It was designed by Guðjón Samúelsson, and is considered by most, the greatest architect in Iceland’s history. It was constructed in 1928. Find your sense of adventure in the land of hot springs, caves, fresh air, and wide open spaces
Want to find out more? Check out the Guesthouse website below!
Rooms and Pricing
Keep scrolling for more room options. This retreat will sell out!
((1) lg bed or (2) 90X200cm beds )
((1) lg bed or (2) 90X200cm beds )
ONLY ONE BED
(1) bed 152 X 203.5cm
*Price for 1 person
ONLY ONE BED
(1) bed 152 X 203.5cm
*Price per person
(1) bed 152 X 203.5cm and (1) bed 90X200cm
*Price per person
w/ shared facilities*
Beds: 90X 200cm
Blue Lagoon Spa Retreat Upgrade
*All retreaters receive Premium Admission to Blue Lagoon with retreat price (see above). To upgrade to Spa price is $265.
*Shared Facilities are throughout the Guesthouse for access to all guests.
Travel & Covid 19 Policies
Read the travel information and policies carefully and thoroughly.
- Travel to Iceland from Washington, DC area is VERY LIMITED. Book your flight immediately.
- Two flights are currently available as of 9/14/2021 departing July 9 via IAD and BWI to arrive in Iceland on July 10. (Approx 5-6 hr flight).
- Arrive at KEF (Reykjavik International Airport) by July 10 for transportation departure to Guesthouse at 9:30 am. If you are not able to make the group transportation, you can arrange and pay for private transport at the airport.
- You are responsible for travel arrangements and are advised to secure a booking at the same time that you book with Thrive Yoga.
- No refunds will be granted for any reasons including travel changes and restrictions. See the details of the refund/cancellation policies in the Thrive Yoga Master Client Services Agreement and receipt on your Thrive Account Profile and Retreat Administrative Policies. See Covid 19 Policies Below*
- We HIGHLY recommend that you purchase Travel Insurance. Travel insurance companies offer policies that ensure your investment in case you need to cancel (including “cancel for any reason” coverages), coverages for expenses incurred due to weather & travel delays, personal property loss, and emergency travel medical. Please review policies carefully to choose the coverage you need:
Recommended Travel Insurance options for retreaters:
- Iceland Retreaters must have proof of vaccination or a recovery from Covid-19 certificate to attend the retreat.
- Thrive Yoga will notify all registrants of COVID-19 related travel requirements as we approach the retreat date to ensure that everyone has what they need for travel.
- It is your responsibility to check with your airline for airline-specific travel requirements.
- You may check the latest travel United States-Iceland policies via https://is.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/
In the unexpected case that travel becomes restricted or borders close forcing Thrive to reschedule the retreat, we will offer a transfer of those dollars to the rescheduled retreat or a refund less $695 Thrive concierge/administration fee.