Over the course of the series, you will:
- Strengthen in the core and shoulders
- Release in the spine and hips
- Utilize props while practicing basic arm balances
- Practice transitioning in and out of balancing postures
Week by Week:
- Week 1: Begin with crow (bakasana) and try a one-legged version; add baby crow for some playful fun! We’ll practice crow into a headstand (sirsasana) and back.
- Week 2: Students learn side crow (parivrtta bakasana) and shift into fallen angel (devaduuta pannaasana) and eka pada koundinyasana (scissors version).
- Week 3: We explore hip openers and practice flying crow (eka pada bakasana), grasshopper (parsva bhuja dandasana) and baby hopper!
- Week 4: We put all of the poses together to learn 8 point staff (astavakrasana).
Each week previous poses will be re-visited to build confidence, strength, and comfort. Explore fun transitions that you can apply to your practice to soar in any Vinyasa class!
*We require that students be without injury and have taken at least 5 yoga classes.