200HR YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
Mind Fit. Body Fit. Spirit Fit. Live Your Practice and Thrive On!
Join Thrive Yoga’s Fall 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
Follow your passion and learn all of yoga in the Thrive 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training. The Thrive Yoga School established in 2009, has graduated more than 600 students and our curriculum continues to evolve with students’ interests while offering the knowledge and experiences of the sages.
Want More Information?
Free Information Session
Can’t make the info session? Contact us to schedule a virtual individualized teacher training interview where you’ll learn more about the program and get answers to any questions you might have.
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
- Great Reputation– Since 2009, Thrive Yoga Trainings have graduated inspired and confident yoga and wellness professionals who teach all over the world. Our 5-star reviews speak for our intelligent, rich, and always-fresh training in a fun and supportive community.
- Epic Legacy– You have experienced yoga’s benefits, and now you are ready to go deeper with teacher trainers who can lead you there. From over 30 years of yoga study, practice, and personal transformation, Susan Mondi Bowen and the Thrive Training Team have developed a yoga training that weaves together timeless practices with playful yoga methods that have you become more of yourself and a successful teacher.
- Mentorship– Are you seeking mentorship from experienced yoga teachers that live to inspire you? You will receive mentorship in yoga practices as well as support in teaching yoga in real class settings. We mentor you as a student, teacher, and professional and through a strong alumni teacher network, introduce you to teaching opportunities
- Flexibility & Easy Learning-With a combination of live in-person training and video-on-demand modules, you will have more freedom in your schedule yet be in a community that learns to teach yoga in a live-studio setting. Make-ups for missed sessions are also easy with our Thrive Online Training Portal. Our graduates rave over the depth of practices and lectures available to learn all of yoga.
- It’s About You. Over the years, the Thrive Trainings have evolved into a program that is student-driven. Thrive trainers are so proficient in teaching yoga that we can talk about anything yoga on-the fly.
Want to find out more? Check out our reviews below!
Since 2020, to support more diversity in yoga and in our community, Thrive offers a BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, Person of Color) Scholarship Program to selected eligible candidates. We have graduated 9 BIPOC Scholars as certified Yoga Teachers.
BIPOC Eligibility Requirements:
- In financial need and are a Person of Color who has practiced yoga for a minimum of one year and has never previously participated Thrive Training Programs
- Completed Application with a cover letter to email@example.com that includes why you’d be a great fit for the scholarship and the Thrive Training
- Applicants must attend a Training Information Session
- Applicants must not have any schedule conflicts with the Teacher Training syllabus and must retain 100% attendance to maintain scholarship status.
Thrive will notify you via email or voice of your acceptance as the BIPOC Scholar no later than 2 weeks prior to the training start date. Applicants must agree to a formal announcement/media announcement of the BIPOC offer and acceptance.
200–Hour Teacher Training Application
- Asana: Learn the physical and energetic qualities of postures and how to apply them in teaching students of all different physical abilities and experiences. Expand your practice by deepening your understanding of the structure of the asana as it “lands” in your body via lecture, practice and a 500+ page Thrive Yoga Manual (a lifetime reference manual). Learn hundreds of new ways to practice yoga and paths to get into just about any posture.
- Pranayama: Experience and practice pranayama techniques. The secret sauce to bliss. Learn how to weave pranayama through an asana class and how you can affect your energetic body through conscious breathing techniques. Learn to master the pranic field.
- Meditation:Bye-bye stress! Experience Introduction to several styles of meditation. Learn how a meditation practice is the key to joy. Leave loving to meditate.
Train in tested methods of teaching yoga. Learn the important components of becoming a successful yoga and wellness professional.
- Vinyasa Yoga
- Hatha Yoga
- Alignment Yoga
- Yin Yoga (introduction)
- Restorative Yoga
- Beginners Yoga
- Chakra Yoga
- Prenatal Yoga
- Yoga Nidra
Practice Teaching Course Study Includes:
- Teaching, Sequencing and Voice
- Cueing and Demonstration
- Practice teaching with mentor feedback
- Keeping a class fresh
- Teaching to Beginners
- Introduction to Hands On Adjustments
- Mentor feedback and written assessments
Anatomy & Physiology
Anatomy & Physiology
- Train in the anatomy and physiology of the human body and movement
- Recognize biomechanics, structure and fluid movement in yourself and your students
- Teach individualized students based upon their anatomical structure and range of motion
- Anatomy-based sequencing
- The History of Yoga and Lineages
- Yoga Sutra Studies
- The Brain on Yoga – Learn the latest research on consciousness and the brain
- Chakra Yoga, The Koshas, Prana, and Reading Energy
- Mind Blowing Meditation
Spring 2024 Fees
Early Bird Pricing by
January 1, 2024
All Fees Non-Refundable.
Regular Pricing by
February 1, 2024
All Fees Non-Refundable.
Payment Plan Option
$350 non-refundable deposit PLUS Three (3) non-refundable payments of $875
An application must be submitted with the deposit. We will charge your deposit after acceptance into the training.
Work-study positions are available.