Resilient Kids Yoga and Mindfulness Training Level 1: This 25-hour introductory training is for those interested in learning how to share the joy of yoga to children of all ages. With evidence-based principles on child development, learning styles, and effective teaching strategies, RKYM will provide a strong foundation in the art of teaching children’s yoga, and also prepares teachers for further trainings in utilizing yoga in the classroom, adaptive yoga, and more.
In this training, students will learn effective principles in teaching children’s yoga including:
- An understanding of child development principles, how age differences impact what and how children learn, and neurobiology of a child’s developing brain
- An understanding of what trauma is
- Yoga postures, breathing techniques, and alignment cues broken up into age ranges
- Behavioral management and class structure policies
- Effective principles in teaching children’s yoga
- Strategies for inclusion of diverse populations, needs, and backgrounds
- Meditation, relaxation, mindfulness activities, and basic emotional regulation techniques
Students must attend the training in its entirety. In addition, students are required to complete all non-contact hours including reading and conducting community-based children’s classes.
CEUs: All Resilient Kids Yoga trainings provide Yoga Alliance Continuing Education credits. Further CEUs may be provided upon request.